Monday, January 23, 2012

Black Bottom Cupcakes

These are the cupcakes I make pretty frequently, and they are a pretty big hit no matter who I serve them to. They're kind of rich, though. And definitely are the yummiest served cold!




Black Bottom Cupcakes
Ingredients:
Cupcakes (or you could just make the devil’s food cake mix as directed on the box)-
1 box Devil’s food cake mix
1 small chocolate fudge pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
½ cup vegetable oil
Filling-
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)

Directions:
1.       1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24+ cupcake tins with liners or grease pan.
2.       2. For the filling, in a bowl, beat cream cheese. Add sugar, egg, and salt. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Set aside.
3.       3. Place the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream into stand mixer. Beat until well combined, about 1 ½ minutes. Scoop batter into cupcake liners (you really only want to fill these about ½ full because they rise a lot). Top each with 1-2 T of cream cheese mixture.
4.       4. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. I like to frost these with cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment